David Rudisha Mourns His Sister
Olympic Champion David Rudisha is mourning his sister, Harriet Rudisha, who passed away due to Lung Cancer.
Rudisha, on Wednesday stated that the funeral will take place on December 4, 2017.
“It’s sad to announce the loss of my younger sister Harriet Rudisha from Lung cancer, the funeral is scheduled on Monday 4th Dec. 2017, at our home Kilgoris town. Thank you,” Rudisha posted in a Whatsapp Group.
Condolences have been pouring in from the athletics fraternity and Kenyans at large.
New York Marathon Champion Geoffrey Kamworor sent his condolences to Rudisha's family in this difficult time.
[caption caption="David Rudisha in action"][/caption]
Rudisha is the World 800 Metres Record holder and has consistently performed for Kenya on the global stage.
In 2010, he was awarded the IAAF Athlete of The Year.
He was also awarded the Kenya Sportsman of The Year in the same year.
The Champion also won Gold medals at the World Championships in Daegu (2011) and in Beijing (2015).
He has recently maintained a low profile and has been missing from the public eye.
[caption caption="Rudisha celebrates after winning a race"][/caption]
- 8 December 2019 - 7:26 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 6:52 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 5:40 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 5:31 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 5:02 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 4:00 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 3:48 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 2:56 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 1:46 pm
- 8 December 2019 - 2:44 pm