Olympic Champion David Rudisha is mourning his sister, Harriet Rudisha, who passed away due to Lung Cancer.
Rudisha, on Wednesday stated that the funeral will take place on December 4, 2017.
“It’s sad to announce the loss of my younger sister Harriet Rudisha from Lung cancer, the funeral is scheduled on Monday 4th Dec. 2017, at our home Kilgoris town. Thank you,” Rudisha posted in a Whatsapp Group.
Condolences have been pouring in from the athletics fraternity and Kenyans at large.
New York Marathon Champion Geoffrey Kamworor sent his condolences to Rudisha's family in this difficult time.
[caption caption="David Rudisha in action"][/caption]
Rudisha is the World 800 Metres Record holder and has consistently performed for Kenya on the global stage.
In 2010, he was awarded the IAAF Athlete of The Year.
He was also awarded the Kenya Sportsman of The Year in the same year.
The Champion also won Gold medals at the World Championships in Daegu (2011) and in Beijing (2015).
He has recently maintained a low profile and has been missing from the public eye.
[caption caption="Rudisha celebrates after winning a race"][/caption]
- Imageuncertainty4 April 2020 - 11:32 am
- Imagea new song4 April 2020 - 11:10 am
- Imagetragic4 April 2020 - 10:44 am
- Imageracist?4 April 2020 - 9:43 am
- Imageextension4 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- ImageAchrivals4 April 2020 - 8:16 am
- Imagedisciplinary4 April 2020 - 8:30 am
- Imagenot again4 April 2020 - 8:42 am
- ImageI know you4 April 2020 - 7:44 am
- ImageListen4 April 2020 - 7:25 am
- Imagechanges3 April 2020 - 8:37 pm
- ImageLockdown3 April 2020 - 8:26 pm