A road accident at Migaa area on the Nakuru-Eldoret highway has claimed the lives of 36 people.
As of Sunday morning, bodies were still trapped in the wreckage.
18 people were rushed to hospital but 4 succumbed to injuries while receiving treatment at the Nakuru Level Five Hospital.
[caption caption="Rescuers carrying bodies from the accident scene"][/caption]
30 people from the bus died as well as the truck driver and his loader.
Among the dead are children aged 2 months, 2 years and 10 years old.
Bishop Philip Kubai, Chairman of Bishops Synod from Ntonyiri Diocese, Bishop Moses Ntoreruri of Igembe Diocese and Bishop Stanley Kalulu from Igembe Central Diocese lost their lives in the Mutithi area accident.
The saloon car they were travelling in collided head-on with another vehicle.
Mwea Police Boss Kizito Mutoro divulged that all three African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa (AIPCA) bishops died on the spot following the 8.30 pm accident.
President Uhuru Kenyatta mourned the bishops, noting that their death was not just a loss for their families but for the larger Kenyan society as well.
[caption caption="Mwea Police Boss Kizito Muhoro"][/caption]
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm