A road accident at Migaa area on the Nakuru-Eldoret highway has claimed the lives of 36 people.
As of Sunday morning, bodies were still trapped in the wreckage.
18 people were rushed to hospital but 4 succumbed to injuries while receiving treatment at the Nakuru Level Five Hospital.
[caption caption="Rescuers carrying bodies from the accident scene"][/caption]
30 people from the bus died as well as the truck driver and his loader.
Among the dead are children aged 2 months, 2 years and 10 years old.
Bishop Philip Kubai, Chairman of Bishops Synod from Ntonyiri Diocese, Bishop Moses Ntoreruri of Igembe Diocese and Bishop Stanley Kalulu from Igembe Central Diocese lost their lives in the Mutithi area accident.
The saloon car they were travelling in collided head-on with another vehicle.
Mwea Police Boss Kizito Mutoro divulged that all three African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa (AIPCA) bishops died on the spot following the 8.30 pm accident.
President Uhuru Kenyatta mourned the bishops, noting that their death was not just a loss for their families but for the larger Kenyan society as well.
[caption caption="Mwea Police Boss Kizito Muhoro"][/caption]
- Mind at Work10 July 2020 - 12:13 pm
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am
- Revealed10 July 2020 - 8:14 am