Three Bishops were killed in a serious road accident that occurred on Embu Makutano road in Kirinyaga County on Friday night.
Bishop Philip Kubai, chairman of bishops synod from Ntonyiri Diocese, Bishop Moses Ntoreruri of Igembe Diocese and Bishop Stanley Kalulu from Igembe Central Diocese were killed in the accident at Mutithi area.
Confirming the incident, Mwea Police boss Kizito Mutoro indicated that the three African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa (AIPCA) bishops died on the spot during the 8.30 pm accident.
He explained that the accident happened when their saloon car collided head-on with another vehicle at Wamumu on the Embu Makutano road.
[caption caption="Kizito Mutoro at a past accident scene"][/caption]
“It is sad we lost three bishops," he conveyed.
Their bodies were taken to the Mwea Mission Hospital mortuary.
The Friday accident left three other people with severe injuries including the drivers of the vehicles who were rushed to Mwea Mission hospital.
According to an eyewitness, the bishops were traveling to Nairobi after attending a church function in Embu.
[caption caption="File image of a past accident scene"][/caption]
Meanwhile, President Uhuru Kenyatta has mourned the clergymen stating that their deaths was a big loss to their families and the larger Kenyan society.
He further urged motorists to observe traffic laws, which he pointed out are key to road safety.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm