Parent Collapses After Seeing School Fees Structure
A school parent collapsed on Thursday after seeing the fee school structure while admitting his child at Kingwende Secondary school in Kwale County.
The man identified as Chale Ndaikwa from Kinango sub-county collapsed after he was asked to pay h16,000 school fees yet he had only Sh800.
He had taken his daughter for admission after she scored 319 marks.
The School principal Peninah Mwinyi confirmed the incident stating that said the two arrived at 7 pm and seemed "very exhausted".
Ndaikwa started to diarrhea and vomit and later collapsed moments after he was given the fees structure.
[caption caption="Students admitted to school"][/caption]
"We explained to him what he was supposed to pay and he seemed too shocked. He fainted ... we rushed him to Msambweni hospital ... he was discharged at midnight," she stated.
His daughter Fatuma Chale noted that his father had only Sh800 which he had set aside for the school fees.
" think he was shocked by the amount he was supposed to pay as he thought what he had was enough," she explained.
The School principal pointed out that,"we have enrolled the child to the Verkaat Foundation scholarship programme."
[caption caption="Parents accompanying student to school"][/caption]
- October 23, 2018 - 3:39 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 3:29 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 1:31 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 1:02 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 12:43 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 11:18 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:45 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:40 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:15 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:49 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:03 am
- October 23, 2018 - 9:34 am