Rarieda Member of Parliament Otiende Amollo revealed that during his free time he doubles up as a casual laborer.
Through his social media, the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) legislator disclosed that he was a village laborer working on constructing a house for a widow.
He tweeted: "In my free time, I’m a village contractor.
"Friday Manenos and Operation Ondoa Nyasi...today we dedicate to surprise this widow and construct for her a modest iron roofed house within the day," he wrote.
[caption caption="Rarieda MP Otiende Amollo engaging in manual work"][/caption]
Earlier in December, the Rarieda MP revealed that he was blocked from getting the Parliamentary Accounts Committee (PAC) chair post in the National Assembly.
In a tweet, The National Super Alliance (NASA) lawyer noted that he had aimed at serving as the PAC chair to streamline affairs but cartels blocked his bid.
"As first Ombudsman, I did all I could to hold Govt accountable. I had hoped to do so in Parliament as Chair of Parliamentary Accounts Committee, but the Cartels wouldn’t allow. One day, Parliament will serve the People!" Otiende posted.
The ODM legislator is revered for his leadership qualities where he was proposed to vie for the Senatorial seat in Siaya County in 2022.
Siaya residents made the proposal since Governor Cornel Rasanga's term will come to an end in 2022.
Speaking to the Star, one of the residents Milkah Oduor noted that the Rarieda lawmaker had performed well for the residents and was well placed to take over the county's leadership.
[caption caption="MP Amollo with the widow"][/caption]
[caption caption="The house before construction"][/caption]
- REFORMS30 November 2021 - 8:07 pm
- Congratulations30 November 2021 - 7:54 pm
- revealed30 November 2021 - 7:30 pm
- Read in Full30 November 2021 - 6:58 pm
- Conditional30 November 2021 - 6:34 pm
- New Home30 November 2021 - 6:35 pm
- good news30 November 2021 - 5:47 pm
- New Dawn30 November 2021 - 5:05 pm
- HEARTBREAKING30 November 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Rags to Riches30 November 2021 - 4:36 pm
- charting own path30 November 2021 - 3:55 pm
- AMBITIOUS30 November 2021 - 4:54 pm