Rarieda Member of Parliament Otiende Amollo on Sunday revealed that he was blocked from getting the Parliamentary Accounts Committee (PAC) chair post in the National Assembly.
In a tweet, The National Super Alliance (NASA) lawyer noted that he had aimed at serving as the PAC chair to streamline affairs but cartels blocked his bid.
"As first Ombudsman, I did all I could to hold Govt accountable. I had hoped to do so in Parliament as Chair of Parliamentary Accounts Committee, but the Cartels wouldn’t allow. One day, Parliament will serve the People!" Otiende posted.
[caption caption="File image of Ugunja MP Opiyo Wandayi addressing the media"][/caption]
MP Wandayi will be deputised by Kibwezi East MP Jessica Mbalu after she was elected the Vice Chair of the committee.
PAC is usually constituted immediately following the General Election and serves for a period of three calendar years after which another team is constituted to serve for the remainder of the parliamentary term.
The committee is responsible for the examination of the accounts showing the appropriations of the sum voted by the House to meet the public expenditure.
[caption caption="File image of Kibwezi MP Jessica Mbalu"][/caption]
Its chairperson and vice-chairperson are always elected from amongst its members.illegal
- NEXT STEP16 January 2022 - 6:56 pm
- setback16 January 2022 - 7:11 pm
- Looming Crisis16 January 2022 - 5:49 pm
- Pandemonium16 January 2022 - 4:17 pm
- top secret16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- groundbreaking16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- TIPS16 January 2022 - 4:12 pm
- Sky is the Limit16 January 2022 - 2:39 pm
- reality check16 January 2022 - 3:02 pm
- appreciation16 January 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Listen Up16 January 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Warning16 January 2022 - 12:12 pm