According to the Governor, Senator Sakaja had all the rights to help a brother and should not be victimised for his actions, adding that what the former Nominated MP did was similar to what he (Sonko) did in helping secure the release of members of the Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) from jail.
[caption caption="File image of Governor Sonko and Senator Sakaja"][/caption]
He explained that Sakaja was still in the Jubilee Party and that his good deed of coming through for Babu Owino should not be misinterpreted to mean change of allegiance.
"You know it is his constitutional and democratic right if he wants to help free anyone. I remember I also secured the release of MRC members at the Coast when there were issues of insecurity.
"Maybe he had his reasons for doing that but he is still in Jubilee. He is the Senator, he is a good leader and he is still my friend and he has good ambition. We wish him all the best,” Sonko stated.
His remarks came even as a section of Jubilee Party Legislators from Kiambu have been attacking the Nairobi Senator for getting the Embakasi East Legislator out of jail on Sunday.
According to the MPs Sakaja had been holding on to Jubilee in order to win the Nairobi senatorial seat and he is now supporting National Super Alliance (NASA).
[caption caption="Senator Sakaja and Babu Owino leaving Parklands Police station on Sunday"][/caption]
“Somebody went to get a small boy from the cells instead of helping the boy who has a long way to go to learn to respect the rule of law,” ridiculed Kuria.
- Stiff Competition21 May 2022 - 6:31 pm
- Avoidable21 May 2022 - 5:51 pm
- Replaced21 May 2022 - 4:30 pm
- Explainer21 May 2022 - 5:01 pm
- Well Paying21 May 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Making Choices21 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Demands21 May 2022 - 2:05 pm
- Renounce21 May 2022 - 12:44 pm
- Music Wars21 May 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Stashed21 May 2022 - 11:43 am
- Dedicated21 May 2022 - 11:23 am
- Feud21 May 2022 - 9:41 am