Action Taken Against Charity Ngilu's Adviser Over Burnt Truck
The two were arrested by Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) detectives on Monday and detained at Kitui Police Station.
County DCI boss, Prosper Bosire, confirmed the arrests, disclosing that the duo would be arraigned at the Embu Law Courts on Wednesday to face charges of arson and destruction of property.
“We arrested two county officers and questioned them over their alleged involvement in the burning of a charcoal truck at Kanyonyoo,” he stated.
Bosire further noted that they were still looking for more suspects in connection with the incident.
[caption caption="Governor Charity Ngilu"][/caption]
They stated that the truck was torched by residents following an alleged order from the Governor and accused Ngilu of fuelling negative ethnicity.
Ngilu has, however, maintained that she was targeting no community and explained that she was concerned about protecting the environment.
“I’ve a duty as a leader to take decisive measures to protect our environment in order to mitigate perennial droughts and erratic rainfall experienced in this region,” she stated.
Ngilu accused cartels in the charcoal business of fighting her ever since the ban on charcoal production and sand-harvesting took effect.
[caption caption="Notice of the ban on charcoal production in Kitui"][/caption]
- September 21, 2018 - 7:37 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 7:02 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 6:25 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 5:56 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 6:05 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 5:37 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:47 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:35 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:00 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 3:43 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 4:17 pm
- September 21, 2018 - 2:27 pm