President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday chaired a Jubilee Parliamentary Group meeting at State House in which some legislators chose not to attend.
During the meeting, the President warned of punitive measures against the MPs who skip the group meetings.
He further asked those in attendance to endorse all Cabinet Secretary nominees as a way of supporting his Four Pillar Agenda.
[caption caption="President Kenyatta addressing Jubilee MPs at StateHouse"][/caption]
The meeting was to set the legislative agenda for Jubilee in Parliament as it resumes business after a two-month break.
Majority leader stated that the House would embark on an intense session so as to clear the backlog from the previous session.
[caption caption="President Uhuru and Ruto"][/caption]
He stated that Jubilee would maintain the members that they had agreed on ahead of the session that will involve the approval of the names to the House Business Committees.
Earlier in January, the President ordered four House committees to remove their chairmen in favour of Jubilee Party preferences.
Alfred Keter (Nandi Hills), Silas Tiren (Moiben), Kangogo Bowen (Marakwet East) and James Gakuya (Embakasi North), were all ejected after Kenyatta made the order for their removal.
In February, three out of four of the rebel MPs were replaced in the committee leadership positions.
Keter, who was ousted from the chairmanship of the Labour and Social Welfare Committee, was replaced by Ali Wario while Joyce Korir took over as Vice Chairperson.
In the Environment Committee, Sophia Ali (Ijara) was declared winner to replace Mr Bowen (Marakwet East).
[caption caption="Alfred Keter"][/caption]
- Done Deal10 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- lovebirds10 August 2020 - 6:36 pm
- New Horizons10 August 2020 - 6:05 pm
- close shave10 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- watch out10 August 2020 - 5:12 pm
- City Tour10 August 2020 - 5:08 pm
- Anticipated Return10 August 2020 - 4:02 pm
- stranded10 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- latest10 August 2020 - 2:27 pm
- furious10 August 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Ultimatums10 August 2020 - 1:09 pm
- By a Whisker10 August 2020 - 1:21 pm