A four-storey building collapsed on Saturday morning in Ruai area.
Reports indicate that several people are still trapped inside and rescue operations are underway.
A number of people have been rescued.
[caption caption="Rescue Operations at the Ruai Building"][/caption]
The country has been experiencing heavy rainfall in recent days and this might be a factor in the collapse of buildings.
Residents stated that the building came down at around 11pm.
Construction of the building began mid last year but it had been showing signs of collapse.
Several cracks were visible but the owner covered them up.
"We've had many incidents of stones falling from the building. Some cracks could be seen from outside," remarked resident James Kariuki.
Some of the bedsitters in the building were already booked and set to be occupied next month, mostly by students from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
[caption caption="Photo of the Juja Building"][/caption]
- New tidings27 June 2022 - 8:00 pm
- Supersticion27 June 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Tough times27 June 2022 - 5:36 pm
- take note27 June 2022 - 5:02 pm
- On the spot27 June 2022 - 2:35 pm
- Clean27 June 2022 - 2:40 pm
- At All Costs27 June 2022 - 1:21 pm
- Step by Step27 June 2022 - 3:28 pm
- New Perspective27 June 2022 - 1:13 pm
- ICONIC27 June 2022 - 12:29 pm
- disclosed27 June 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Clap back27 June 2022 - 11:35 am