Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has addressed reports alleging the agency's Chief Executive Ezra Chioba has been suspended.
In a statement to Kenyans.co.ke IEBC dismissed the allegations that the agency's chairman Wafula Chebukati had taken the bold move to waive Chiloba.
The statement to Kenyans.co.ke read: "Ezra Chiloba has not been suspended and if there is a formal communication on the same, we will give a statement."
Earlier on the Star had alleged that Chebukati and three other commissioners asked Chiloba to go home due to procurement issues.
[caption caption="IEBC Chairman Wafula Chebukati with CEO Ezra Chiloba "][/caption]
Reports also claimed that the chairman wanted a number of issues in the agency investigated while Chiloba is on suspension.
The move is meant to destabilise the commission, which is scheduled to conduct vital boundaries delineation with implications for the next election.
According to sources who spoke to the Star attempts to serve Chiloba with the suspension letter on Friday failed because the CEO had left his office before the letter was delivered.
Commissioner in charge of Human resources Boya Molu is allegedly expected to hand Chiloba the letter on Monday morning.
Chebukati’s personal assistant Wilfred Lusi stated that the IEBC boss flew out of the country to Nigeria on Saturday and is expected back on Friday.
[caption caption="IEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati with vice chairman Consolata Maina"][/caption]
IEBC Vice chair Consolata Maina maintained she had left early on Friday and didn't know about any commission resolution to suspend the Chiloba.
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am
- Sad25 September 2022 - 8:03 pm
- Terror25 September 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Defiant25 September 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Goodbye25 September 2022 - 4:23 pm
- Tragic25 September 2022 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed25 September 2022 - 3:05 pm
- Financial Security25 September 2022 - 2:40 pm
- Nothing But Prayer25 September 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Heartbreaking25 September 2022 - 1:39 pm