Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge on Sunday beat a stellar field to win the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon men's race.
Kipchoge becomes a three-time winner of the marathon with a time of 2 hours 4 minutes.
Coming second was Tola Kitata and Britain's Mo Farah came in third.
[caption caption="Eliud Kipchoge"][/caption]
Kenya's Abel Kirui finished 4th with Bedan Karoki emerging fifth in the highly competitive race.
Earlier in the day, Kenyan athlete Vivian Cheruiyot won the Women's Elite race.
Cheruiyot popularly referred to as the 'Pocket Rocket' clocked in a time of 2:18:33 edging out compatriot Brigid Kosgei who came in second place with a time of 2:20:13.
Ethiopia's Tadelech Bekele came in third in a time of 2:21:41.
This was Cheruiyot's 3rd marathon in road running career and makes her the 4th fastest women in history.
Early leader Mary Keittany who showed the intention to break the world record faded in the final kilometers of the race - she finished fifth in what was a show of resilience.
[caption caption="Vivian Cheruyiot wins the London Marathon"][/caption]
Cheruiyot, who is the Olympic 5,000M champion, shifted to the marathon discipline and has progressively made her mark in the sport.
During her first marathon which was in London 2017, Cheruyiot clocked 2:23:50. Later in the year, she won the Frankfurt Marathon in a time of 2:23:35.
- Covid who?27 September 2020 - 6:55 pm
- road carnage27 September 2020 - 6:36 pm
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am