The governor further conveyed that he and the DG were standing beside the bridge when one side of the bridge went down.
He explained that the bridge was old and was initiated as a Constituency Development Fund (CDF) project.
[caption caption="Bridge collapsed into River Gucha in Kisii county "][/caption]
"While standing at the edge of a CDF bridge that Kisii County Government is planning to reconstruct to better standards, we had an adventure as the bridge’s middle section gave way. No one fell in the river or was hurt but we were splashed with water.
"I feel blessed and baptized by the waters of this very important river. The people of Gucha are telling me now I have become their child and should even come and build a home in the region," a statement by the governor read in part.
The Machakos governor further claimed that the incident was an act of God and no one was to blame.
"It is God’s hand at work because it is clear that the bridge would have collapsed anytime soon. By giving way while Government officials were there it means that lives that could have been lost later today or tomorrow were spared.
"I thank God for using my visit to save many lives that could have been lost when unsuspecting mothers and children walked on the bridge. As the saying goes, God works in a mysterious way," his statement read.
Dr Mutua narrated that he had also met with some Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) officials to discuss the issue of voting for Kenyans in the diaspora.
[caption caption="Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua with DG Joash Maangi with Kisii IEBC officials"][/caption]accident suspect
- Storm Out20 October 2021 - 10:23 am
- unfortunate20 October 2021 - 9:33 am
- Clash20 October 2021 - 10:08 am
- Mysterious Fire20 October 2021 - 8:23 am
- Take Action20 October 2021 - 7:33 am
- Triumphant Entry19 October 2021 - 7:54 pm
- REVOKED19 October 2021 - 7:40 pm
- revealed19 October 2021 - 7:18 pm
- Ambitious19 October 2021 - 6:59 pm
- New Direction19 October 2021 - 6:08 pm
- Intervened19 October 2021 - 6:19 pm
- Shame19 October 2021 - 6:38 pm