Leaders from Mt Kenya region have cautioned Mr Wambugu that he may have to become politically isolated for opposing DP Ruto's 2022 presidency ambition.
Nyeri Senator Ephraim Maina, Woman Representative Rahab Mukami, a number of Members of County Assembly (MCAs) and businessmen from the county emphasised that the DP was the region's preferred successor for President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Senator Maina insisted that DP Ruto has been instrumental in uniting Kenyans as well as the force behind President Kenyatta's re-election.
[caption caption="Nyeri Town MP Ngunjiri Wambugu"][/caption]
In an opinion column on one of the local dailies, Wambugu argued that the Central region may not side with DP Ruto come 2022 suggesting that there are issues that needed to be "revisited" before a decision was made on who to support.
"We will also revisit many issues that will happen during the next four years when we go to make decisions in 2022.
"(For example when the President asks MPs to distribute committee leadership positions in Parliament inclusively to ensure we have a good balance and some refuse to heed his call, we note this and will revisit)," he wrote in the opinion piece.
Ichung'wa emphasised that the leaders were simply getting aggressive on the implementation of the Big Four agenda.
He added that the ruling party's 2022 candidate would be the biggest beneficiary of the success of the President's second term legacy project.
[caption caption="File image of Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung'wa speaking to the press"][/caption]assassin
- Saviour19 May 2022 - 3:29 pm
- Expansion19 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Freedom19 May 2022 - 2:37 pm
- Embattled19 May 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Get Paid19 May 2022 - 2:12 pm
- Responds19 May 2022 - 1:57 pm
- Heart of Gold19 May 2022 - 2:16 pm
- Blurred lines19 May 2022 - 1:39 pm
- Suspected19 May 2022 - 12:55 pm
- Generosity19 May 2022 - 12:14 pm
- Blow19 May 2022 - 11:08 am
- Intervenes19 May 2022 - 11:50 am