Maina Wanjigi's Former Househelp Accused of Stealing Guns
A Nairobi court was on Tuesday told how two firearms and ammunition were stolen from former Cabinet Minister Maina Wanjigi's home by one of his househelps.
Wanjigi, who is the father of NASA-allied businessman Jimi Wanjigi, was allegedly robbed five years ago by Dorcas Mumbi and her co-accused Hilda Nabweko.
He claimed that he was roughed up during the robbery at his house in Rhino Park Estate in the Karen area.
The accused made away with a ceska pistol with fourteen bullets and a Weston revolver with six bullets according to the prosecution.
They also took Wanjigi's Rolex watch, two phones and other electronics.
[caption caption="Maina Wanjgi"][/caption]
The incident reportedly took place on 22 November, 2013 and the accused were charged later that year.
Nabweko was arrested on November 27, 2013 and was found with one of the stolen phones.
On Tuesday, Kibera Chief Magistrate Joyce Gandani declared that the prosecution had provided enough evidence to put Mumbi and Nabweko on their defence.
The accused will give sworn statements arguing their case but will not call witnesses.
They will defend themselves on August 21.
[caption caption="Maina Wanjigi"][/caption]
- 16 December 2018 - 6:49 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 7:26 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 6:15 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 4:31 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 2:30 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 1:54 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 12:21 pm
- 16 December 2018 - 11:20 am
- 16 December 2018 - 9:55 am
- 16 December 2018 - 7:18 am
- 15 December 2018 - 7:02 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 5:20 pm