Senator Oluoch had been admitted at the MP Shah Hospital where he lost his battle to the disease.
"He passed on at MP Shah Hospital shortly past midnight after battling with throat cancer," explained family spokesman and his nephew Mark Okundi.
The Senator's office in Migori County confirmed the death assuring the public that details would be shared in time.
[caption caption="File image of the deceased Senator Ben Oluoch"][/caption]
"We are very sad to inform the public that Senator Ben Oluoch Okello is no more.
"Join us in praying for his family during this most trying moment. Other updates will follow after consultative meetings," Communications Director Walter Oguda told journalists.
Senator Oluoch was a former radio presenter with Ramogi FM and KBC before he joined politics.
He replaced Dr Wilfred Machage who decided to vie for the Kuria West parliamentary seat on a Democratic Party (DP) ticket and lost to Mathias Robi.
In March, the Senator dismissed rumours of his death stating that his doctors had given him a clean bill of health.
[caption caption="File image of Opposition leader Raila Odinga with Migori Senator Ben Oluoch"][/caption]
7:20 a. m: This story was updated to include a statement from family spokesman Mark Okundi.
7:50 a. m: This story was updated to include details of the Senator's career as a journalist.
- rising curve11 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- sweet deals11 July 2020 - 2:05 pm
- paying back11 July 2020 - 1:58 pm
- opportunities11 July 2020 - 12:56 pm
- lucky escape11 July 2020 - 1:03 pm
- Spotted11 July 2020 - 12:45 pm
- good news11 July 2020 - 12:00 pm
- R.I.P11 July 2020 - 11:17 am
- heartless11 July 2020 - 10:44 am
- Justice?11 July 2020 - 10:14 am
- Reconciled11 July 2020 - 9:26 am
- turbulent times11 July 2020 - 9:00 am