Senator Oluoch had been admitted at the MP Shah Hospital where he lost his battle to the disease.
"He passed on at MP Shah Hospital shortly past midnight after battling with throat cancer," explained family spokesman and his nephew Mark Okundi.
The Senator's office in Migori County confirmed the death assuring the public that details would be shared in time.
[caption caption="File image of the deceased Senator Ben Oluoch"][/caption]
"We are very sad to inform the public that Senator Ben Oluoch Okello is no more.
"Join us in praying for his family during this most trying moment. Other updates will follow after consultative meetings," Communications Director Walter Oguda told journalists.
Senator Oluoch was a former radio presenter with Ramogi FM and KBC before he joined politics.
He replaced Dr Wilfred Machage who decided to vie for the Kuria West parliamentary seat on a Democratic Party (DP) ticket and lost to Mathias Robi.
In March, the Senator dismissed rumours of his death stating that his doctors had given him a clean bill of health.
[caption caption="File image of Opposition leader Raila Odinga with Migori Senator Ben Oluoch"][/caption]
7:20 a. m: This story was updated to include a statement from family spokesman Mark Okundi.
7:50 a. m: This story was updated to include details of the Senator's career as a journalist.
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am