Speaking during a show at Mayienga FM, he blamed his political enemies whom he linked to the spread of the fake news on social media.
He pointed out that the matter is being investigated by the relevant government authorities adding that those behind the misinformation will be prosecuted.
"Why would people wish I was dead when I am as fit as a fiddle.
[caption caption="Senator Ben Oluoch Okello (Twitter)"][/caption]
"And it is bad that these people use fake accounts in order to hide their identity.
"They must respect feelings of our family members, relatives, and friends," he remarked.
Senator Okello, a former Royal Media Service (RMS) journalist had travelled abroad for treatment but he returned to the country recently.
He further noted that the posts had caused discomfort and grief to his supporters, relatives, and friends.
"My doctors have declared that I can now resume my duties as a Senator," he affirmed.
[caption caption="Sen Ben Okello being handed certificate of nomination (Twitter)"][/caption]
- surrender12 August 2020 - 8:18 pm
- road carnage12 August 2020 - 8:14 pm
- boost12 August 2020 - 7:11 pm
- painful12 August 2020 - 7:10 pm
- no more patience12 August 2020 - 6:41 pm
- all angles12 August 2020 - 6:23 pm
- Nabbed12 August 2020 - 5:56 pm
- big man bazu12 August 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Gikomba Chaos12 August 2020 - 5:33 pm
- pimp my ride12 August 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Strength of a Woman12 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- loading12 August 2020 - 3:58 pm