Speaking during a show at Mayienga FM, he blamed his political enemies whom he linked to the spread of the fake news on social media.
He pointed out that the matter is being investigated by the relevant government authorities adding that those behind the misinformation will be prosecuted.
"Why would people wish I was dead when I am as fit as a fiddle.
[caption caption="Senator Ben Oluoch Okello (Twitter)"][/caption]
"And it is bad that these people use fake accounts in order to hide their identity.
"They must respect feelings of our family members, relatives, and friends," he remarked.
Senator Okello, a former Royal Media Service (RMS) journalist had travelled abroad for treatment but he returned to the country recently.
He further noted that the posts had caused discomfort and grief to his supporters, relatives, and friends.
"My doctors have declared that I can now resume my duties as a Senator," he affirmed.
[caption caption="Sen Ben Okello being handed certificate of nomination (Twitter)"][/caption]death
- Rejoinder21 May 2022 - 7:17 pm
- Stiff Competition21 May 2022 - 6:31 pm
- Avoidable21 May 2022 - 5:51 pm
- Replaced21 May 2022 - 4:30 pm
- Explainer21 May 2022 - 5:01 pm
- Well Paying21 May 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Making Choices21 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Demands21 May 2022 - 2:05 pm
- Renounce21 May 2022 - 12:44 pm
- Music Wars21 May 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Stashed21 May 2022 - 11:43 am
- Dedicated21 May 2022 - 11:23 am