Speaking during a show at Mayienga FM, he blamed his political enemies whom he linked to the spread of the fake news on social media.
He pointed out that the matter is being investigated by the relevant government authorities adding that those behind the misinformation will be prosecuted.
"Why would people wish I was dead when I am as fit as a fiddle.
[caption caption="Senator Ben Oluoch Okello (Twitter)"][/caption]
"And it is bad that these people use fake accounts in order to hide their identity.
"They must respect feelings of our family members, relatives, and friends," he remarked.
Senator Okello, a former Royal Media Service (RMS) journalist had travelled abroad for treatment but he returned to the country recently.
He further noted that the posts had caused discomfort and grief to his supporters, relatives, and friends.
"My doctors have declared that I can now resume my duties as a Senator," he affirmed.
[caption caption="Sen Ben Okello being handed certificate of nomination (Twitter)"][/caption]
- disclosed12 June 2021 - 7:38 pm
- details12 June 2021 - 7:03 pm
- Analysis12 June 2021 - 6:06 pm
- stalemate12 June 2021 - 4:09 pm
- shots fired12 June 2021 - 3:35 pm
- Changes12 June 2021 - 3:23 pm
- Confession12 June 2021 - 2:42 pm
- lanes12 June 2021 - 2:18 pm
- Apprehended12 June 2021 - 1:56 pm
- Confronted12 June 2021 - 1:03 pm
- inconvenience12 June 2021 - 12:21 pm
- Chosen12 June 2021 - 11:04 am