The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) has made major leadership changes after Deputy Chief Lieutenant General Joseph Kasaon resigned from the force.
Kenya Army commander Lieutenant General Robert Kibochi was on Tuesday appointed to replace Kasaon.
The decision was made by President Uhuru Kenyatta after he accepted General Kasaon's resignation on medical grounds.
[caption caption="Lieutenant General Robert Kibochi"][/caption]
Kibochi’s deputy, Major-general Walter Raria will take over as the new Kenya army Commander.
Kibochi is being groomed in preparation to replace KDF Chief General Samson Mwathethe at the end of his term.
Kenya Navy Major General AS Farah was appointed as the Director of Military Intelligence (DMI) to replace Major General Charles Mwai.
Farah will proceed to a one-year training before taking over the office.
Major General Thomas Chepkuto, who is the head of special programmes at the Defence headquarters, will hold the office of the DMI.
KDF spokesperson Colonel David Obonyo was promoted to the rank of brigadier and as the deputy of DMI.
KDF office is rotational with top positions being switched between the army, air force and the navy after every term in office.
[caption caption="KDF Chief General Samson Mwathethe"][/caption]
- only way15 May 2021 - 2:33 pm
- Justice15 May 2021 - 2:24 pm
- thrilled15 May 2021 - 1:58 pm
- Winners circle15 May 2021 - 12:58 pm
- Advised15 May 2021 - 12:04 pm
- other duties15 May 2021 - 11:57 am
- relief15 May 2021 - 11:51 am
- Traced15 May 2021 - 10:28 am
- details15 May 2021 - 10:18 am
- Survival15 May 2021 - 8:52 am
- On Tape15 May 2021 - 7:26 am
- easy steps14 May 2021 - 7:03 pm