Ministry of Transport Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) Chris Obure's driver was shot dead on Wednesday night.
According to reports, Evans Omondi was killed by unknown assailants at the civil servants' quarters in Kariobangi South, Nairobi.
He is noted to had parked his car at about 9 pm when a lone gunman accosted and shot him in the chest at close range.
[caption caption="Transport CAS Chris Obure"][/caption]
However, the motive of the murder still remains unclear since nothing was stolen from him as his phone, wallet and other personal effects were found at the scene.
Confirming the incident, Nairobi DCI director Ireri Kamwende stated that investigations have already been launched and further information would be disclosed later.
Officer Kamwende affirmed that they would work together with Starehe police to find the assailant.
The incident, which happened in an area previously marked as a major hot spot for crimes, follows the arrest of several gang members accused of terrorising Kariobangi residents.
In May, police shot dead seven suspected thugs in Kariobangi during a shootout that left one pedestrian injured.
Several pistols were recovered from them.
According to police, the men had been linked to a series of robberies in the area that also prompted the reaction.
[caption caption="Police officers recovering pistols from suspected thugs"][/caption]
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- On the verge20 June 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Heartwarming20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 4:04 pm
- Tables Turn20 June 2021 - 2:21 pm
- Father's Love20 June 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Rescue Mission20 June 2021 - 12:48 pm
- high politics20 June 2021 - 11:40 am
- About Time20 June 2021 - 12:05 pm
- On the Spot20 June 2021 - 12:07 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 9:20 am
- Pay Up20 June 2021 - 8:04 am