The Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC) on Tuesday 18th September 2018, arrested West Pokot Governor John Lonyangapuo in Eldoret to answer to allegations that his Deputy is on employment in the US.
Through the commission’s official Twitter account, they stated that the investigations were ongoing.
Deputy Governor, Dr. Nicholas Atudonyang has been accused of having a full-time job in a foreign country and yet continues to be salaried by the County Government for no services rendered.
The EACC has joined the long list of people who have queried the whereabouts of the runaway public official.
According to the Independent Pokot Leaders Forum (IPLF), the Deputy Governor has been in the county for less than one month ever since he was sworn in.
"Dr. Atudonyang, who works as a neurosurgeon in Texas left immediately he was sworn in after the August 2017 election.” the forum revealed.
Surprisingly, he also holds the position of the County Executive Committee Member for Health.
Speaking in Nairobi, student leaders drawn from Nairobi University (UON) and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) claimed Atudonyang’s absence from his county was a big injustice to the taxpayers.
The university students stated that they had been advised that the Deputy Governor was abroad in search of medical partners for the county.
- Poked Holes8 August 2020 - 8:19 am
- nabbed8 August 2020 - 7:37 am
- Long Wait8 August 2020 - 7:16 am
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm