Professor Patrick Loch Otieno Lumumba, P.L.O was on Saturday afternoon deported back to the county after a stampede with Zambian Authorities in Lusaka, Zambian media confirmed.
The Chief Government Spokesperson in Zambia, Dora Siliya told Lusaka Times that Prof. Lumumba was deported because he posed a security threat.
“Govt thru immigration dept has denied entry into Zambia of Prof. Patrick Lumumba, a Kenyan national due to security considerations. Immigration is a security wing working with agencies within and beyond Zambia,” stated Ms Siliya in a statement.
The lawyer was scheduled to deliver a public lecturer on China-Africa relations on Saturday night at Eden University.
PLO's lecture was to be centered on the theme 'Africa in the age of China influence and global geo-dynamics.”
After several attempts to get into the country, Zambian government officials stopped negotiation with PLO from the moment he landed at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport, sending him back to the immigration department.
Just like the Lawyer's home country Kenya, Zambia has in its 2018/19 budget increased taxes to cater for her foreign debts.
Zambia’s rising debt, alongside accusations of secret borrowing and government corruption, have been a scare for foreign investors.
The IMF suspended talks about giving aid to Zambia’s debts that are described as overly unsustainable.
China is reportedly pursuing debt-trap diplomacy by positioning itself to take over Zambia's strategic assets as controlling a huge stake in the State Media.
- new rules15 August 2020 - 7:49 pm
- legal threat15 August 2020 - 7:31 pm
- conman15 August 2020 - 6:12 pm
- new way15 August 2020 - 5:46 pm
- catching up15 August 2020 - 5:48 pm
- must go15 August 2020 - 4:22 pm
- Latest report15 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- for the love15 August 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Comical15 August 2020 - 2:58 pm
- grisly15 August 2020 - 2:46 pm
- lavish15 August 2020 - 2:00 pm
- go home15 August 2020 - 1:34 pm