Officials from the Immigration Department have arrested 5 Chinese nationals in possession of military equipment in Lavington area, Nairobi.
Through tweets on its official handle on Friday, the immigration officials announced that the suspects were in possession of items believed to be a “threat to National Security.”
Some of the equipment recovered included laptops, radio calls, military uniforms and metal detectors among others.
The 5 Chinese arrested include four gentlemen and a lady.
The department also noted that suspects will stay in custody for awhile awaiting investigations to be completed.
This comes weeks after 15 other Chinese nationals were arrested running a brothel in South C.
The suspects, who were nabbed on September 19, elicited harsh reactions from Kenyans with most questioning how the lot gained access into the country.
They have been processed for deportation but the official date is not yet announced.
These events are part of Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i's directive over immigrants living in the country without proper documentation.
He gave a directive for the crack-down of all foreigners living in the country after asking them to get proper papers while working in Kenya.
Days earlier, 19 Nigerian nationals had also been arrested and deported for carrying out electronic fraud targeting Kenyans. They were discovered in Umoja, Kasarani and Roysambu Estates in Nairobi City.
Video of the crackdown belowarrest suspect
- unfortunate20 October 2021 - 9:33 am
- Clash20 October 2021 - 10:08 am
- Mysterious Fire20 October 2021 - 8:23 am
- Take Action20 October 2021 - 7:33 am
- Triumphant Entry19 October 2021 - 7:54 pm
- REVOKED19 October 2021 - 7:40 pm
- revealed19 October 2021 - 7:18 pm
- Ambitious19 October 2021 - 6:59 pm
- New Direction19 October 2021 - 6:08 pm
- Intervened19 October 2021 - 6:19 pm
- Shame19 October 2021 - 6:38 pm
- Revelations19 October 2021 - 5:31 pm