Head of Policy, Planning and Health Financing David Kariuki revealed that the president selected Machakos after research indicated that it was the county most prone to road accidents in Kenya.
"Machakos, a county prone to road traffic accidents, Nyeri due to the high prevalence of non-communicable diseases such as hypertension, diabetes and cancers.
"Isiolo, among the top 15 high maternal mortality counties and representative of mobile population and Kisumu among counties with a high prevalence of communicable diseases such as HIV and malaria," Dr Kariuki explained.
Dr Kariuki further outlined that the UHC package will cater for outpatient care such as consultation, mental illness and emergency healthcare.
For inpatient care, UHC will include medical and surgical services, enhanced maternal and child health services and enhanced HIV/tuberculosis/malaria treatment.
He added that the goal is to ensure all Kenyans have access to the health services without having to get into financial hardships.
"That is promotive, preventive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative care.
"Key issues in universal health coverage include people, access to quality health services and financial protection," he outlined.
The government is in the process of ensuring 100% of Kenyans are covered under the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) to foster the UHC initiative.accident
- Tragic26 June 2022 - 7:13 am
- Shining Star25 June 2022 - 7:56 pm
- Veterans25 June 2022 - 7:45 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 7:21 pm
- Luxurious25 June 2022 - 6:54 pm
- Crackdown25 June 2022 - 6:05 pm
- Roughed up25 June 2022 - 5:12 pm
- Own Path25 June 2022 - 4:25 pm
- Deal25 June 2022 - 3:40 pm
- Guidelines25 June 2022 - 3:35 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 2:49 pm
- GOLDEN HEARTS25 June 2022 - 12:57 pm