A Modern Coast bus on Saturday burst into flames while at Samburu, Kwale County.
The bus is reported to have been empty at the time of the incident, therefore, no casualties were reported.
Bus plate number KBZ 820N was engulfed in flames at a few minutes past midnight.
The bus was said to be on its way to Mtito Andei when it caught fire suddenly.
Kwale County Commissioner Karuku Ngumo confirmed the incident adding that the bus had come from Mombasa.
"No one was injured as it would appear that the bus had no passengers at the time," Ngumo reported.
The authorities are yet to establish the cause of the fire even as such incidents become more common.
Earlier in the week, a matatu ferrying passengers along Juja Road, Nairobi also burst into flames.
The passenger were lucky to escape unhurt. Driver and owner of the 14-seater, Mr James Muigai reports having heard a blast from the engine before the car lit up.
"Niliskia mlipuko na gari ikaanza kuchomeka (I heard an explosion and then the vehicle burst into flames). Some of them (passengers) jumped through the windows," the driver narrated.
Kenyans.co.ke reached Modern Coast for details on the incident, however, the officials declined to comment before managers released an official statement.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm