Police Investigating Modern Coast Bus That Burst Into Flames
A Modern Coast bus on Saturday burst into flames while at Samburu, Kwale County.
The bus is reported to have been empty at the time of the incident, therefore, no casualties were reported.
Bus plate number KBZ 820N was engulfed in flames at a few minutes past midnight.
The bus was said to be on its way to Mtito Andei when it caught fire suddenly.
Kwale County Commissioner Karuku Ngumo confirmed the incident adding that the bus had come from Mombasa.
"No one was injured as it would appear that the bus had no passengers at the time," Ngumo reported.
The authorities are yet to establish the cause of the fire even as such incidents become more common.
Earlier in the week, a matatu ferrying passengers along Juja Road, Nairobi also burst into flames.
The passenger were lucky to escape unhurt. Driver and owner of the 14-seater, Mr James Muigai reports having heard a blast from the engine before the car lit up.
"Niliskia mlipuko na gari ikaanza kuchomeka (I heard an explosion and then the vehicle burst into flames). Some of them (passengers) jumped through the windows," the driver narrated.
Kenyans.co.ke reached Modern Coast for details on the incident, however, the officials declined to comment before managers released an official statement.
- 19 November 2019 - 9:44 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 7:54 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 7:30 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 8:13 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 8:56 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 7:03 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 7:48 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 6:35 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 6:08 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 5:21 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 5:01 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 4:45 pm