The award was presented to him in person at the governor's office in Kisumu as he was commended for his contribution toward building the lakeside city's economic status.
"This morning I received an Excellence in Leadership Award from Project One UN for establishing an outstanding economic development initiative to establish Kisumu City as a commercial hub within the East and the Central African States," he tweeted to share the new prospect.
A commemorative plaque was given to the governor to mark the recognition.
In collaboration with other governors from the Lakeside Region, Governor Nyong'o launched the Lake Region Economic Bloc (LREB) earlier in the year.
Ford Foundation Regional Director Mr Maurice Makoloo applauded LREB for its incorporation of women, youth and DAPs as a stand-alone pillar and further urged the need to bring on board the Non-state actors such as the Civil Societies.
In October, the bloc held its inaugural Investment and Blue Economy conference in Bomet County which President Uhuru Kenyatta officially opened.
"The LREB signifies the Governors' willingness to invest in their vision in time, resources, and effort. A vision that is in line with my agenda to develop the country’s Blue Economy as well as embrace technology to further enhance our agricultural sector," the president noted.
LREB has incorporated governors from Siaya, Homa Bay, Migori, Kakamega, Bungoma, Busia, Vihiga, Trans Nzoia, Kisii, Nyamira, Bomet, Nandi, Kisumu and Kericho.
- Tragic3 December 2022 - 7:47 am
- changes3 December 2022 - 8:15 am
- Take Note3 December 2022 - 7:22 am
- Statesman3 December 2022 - 7:04 am
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm