Mombasa Bound Tahmeed Bus Bursts Into Flames
At least 41 passengers escaped unhurt after a Mombasa-bound Tahmeed bus caught fire in Manyani, Taita Taveta County on Tuesday evening.
Taita Taveta County Traffic Commandant Michael Mureithi confirmed the incident saying the passengers were safely evacuated.
Mureithi stated that the bus burst into flames from its rear part. This is the second time a bus belonging to the fleet has caught fire this year.
The cause of the fire has not been established.
The commandant also reported that the passenger's belongings were destroyed by the fire.
Three days ago, a similar incident involving a bus owned by the Dreamline Company caught fire at Makina area, leaving two passengers with severe burn injuries.
The bus was reported to have been empty at the time of the incident, therefore, no casualties were reported.
In another relatable incident, in September, a matatu ferrying passengers along Juja Road, Nairobi also caught fire.
The passengers were lucky to escape unhurt. The driver and owner of the 14-seater, Mr James Muigai, reported having heard a blast from the engine before the car lit up.
- 22 October 2019 - 7:33 am
- 22 October 2019 - 7:48 am
- 22 October 2019 - 7:15 am
- 21 October 2019 - 7:47 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:37 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:33 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:19 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:03 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 5:53 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 5:24 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 4:32 pm