City Hall on Thursday confirmed that beginning Monday, December 3, 2018, all matatu termini operations within the Central Business Districts (CBD) would be moved out.
In a notice signed by the acting County Secretary Pauline Waititu, the county government revoked all picking and dropping zones within the CBD.
"The operators are required to take note that the changes take effect as from 3rd day of December 2018 and all previous gazette notices/letters allocating any other place as picking and dropping areas within the CBD are hereby revoked and become null and void," read the notice.
In the notice, all matatu’s plying Thika Road and Kiambu Road will be expected to pick and drop their passengers at Fig Tree Terminus B, whereas, those along Waiyaki Way including the upcountry travellers will be stationed at Park Road Terminus.
Vehicles plying Mombasa Road and Lang'ata Road will be stationed at Hakati Terminus while those from Ngong Road will converge at Railway Terminus.
In other routes, public vehicles plying Jogoo and Lusaka roads will use the Muthurwa Terminus.
However, high capacity PSVs from upcountry will still continue using their Machakos Terminus.
The move had been gazzetted in 2017 but the constant disagreement between the operators and county government led to numerous postponements.
The County Secretary who appended her signature to the notice also warned all users that this time round, the government would be enforcing the move without fail.
- Imagethe little things4 April 2020 - 12:36 pm
- ImageNumbers4 April 2020 - 12:43 pm
- Imageuncertainty4 April 2020 - 11:32 am
- Imagea new song4 April 2020 - 11:10 am
- Imagetragic4 April 2020 - 10:44 am
- Imageracist?4 April 2020 - 9:43 am
- Imageextension4 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- ImageAchrivals4 April 2020 - 8:16 am
- Imagedisciplinary4 April 2020 - 8:30 am
- Imagenot again4 April 2020 - 8:42 am
- ImageI know you4 April 2020 - 7:44 am
- ImageListen4 April 2020 - 7:25 am