Many residents have faulted the Nairobi County Government's decision to implement the matatu ban without providing alternative methods of accessing the CBD.
They have resulted in walking very long distances in search of public transport vehicles from the city to their destinations.
Some commuters have been left stranded because they did not know where to get matatus to work or the various other places they needed to be.
Kenyans.co.ke has, therefore, undertaken to direct passengers towards the newly Gazzeted bus termini.
All matatu’s plying Thika Road and Kiambu Road are picking and dropping passengers at Fig Tree Terminus B in Ngara.
Vehicles that use Waiyaki Way including the upcountry travellers to Eldoret and Kisumu are stationed at Park Road Terminus that is also in Ngara near Equity Bank.
Vehicles plying Mombasa Road and Lang'ata Road are accessible at Hakati Terminus which is popularly known B.S, while those from Ngong Road are converged at Railway Terminus
In other routes, public vehicles plying Jogoo and Lusaka roads are using the Muthurwa Terminus.
However, high capacity PSVs from upcountry will still continue using their Machakos Terminus.
In a notice signed by the acting County Secretary Pauline Waititu, the county government revoked all picking and dropping zones within the CBD.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm