Many residents have faulted the Nairobi County Government's decision to implement the matatu ban without providing alternative methods of accessing the CBD.
They have resulted in walking very long distances in search of public transport vehicles from the city to their destinations.
Some commuters have been left stranded because they did not know where to get matatus to work or the various other places they needed to be.
Kenyans.co.ke has, therefore, undertaken to direct passengers towards the newly Gazzeted bus termini.
All matatu’s plying Thika Road and Kiambu Road are picking and dropping passengers at Fig Tree Terminus B in Ngara.
Vehicles that use Waiyaki Way including the upcountry travellers to Eldoret and Kisumu are stationed at Park Road Terminus that is also in Ngara near Equity Bank.
Vehicles plying Mombasa Road and Lang'ata Road are accessible at Hakati Terminus which is popularly known B.S, while those from Ngong Road are converged at Railway Terminus
In other routes, public vehicles plying Jogoo and Lusaka roads are using the Muthurwa Terminus.
However, high capacity PSVs from upcountry will still continue using their Machakos Terminus.
In a notice signed by the acting County Secretary Pauline Waititu, the county government revoked all picking and dropping zones within the CBD.
- RIP10 July 2020 - 1:19 pm
- valid10 July 2020 - 1:05 pm
- Mind at Work10 July 2020 - 12:13 pm
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am