Mini-Bus Plunges Into Ditch Along Waiyaki Way [PHOTOS]
A bus, on Tuesday morning, lost control and plunged into a flooded section on Waiyaki Way.
According to reports, passengers and crew were trapped when the Super Metro Bus landed in the ditch.
Rescue operations are currently underway to save the passengers.
Here are the photos:
One person is feared dead in the early morning incident.
NTSA director general Francis Meja stated that the move was necessary in order to equip them with the skills to become handy at an accident scene.
He further explained that the operators were often the first people arriving at an accident scene, even ahead of an ambulance.
"This will help to boost the response times, as a driver of the next vehicle to arrive at an accident scene can stop and provide first aid until an ambulance arrives then proceed with their journey," stated Meja.
In the 10 months beginning January 2018, more than 2,500 people have died as a result of road accidents.
NTS, however, blames the high number of accidents on inadequate footbridges and failure by road users to observe traffic rules.
- 20 September 2019 - 7:50 am
- 20 September 2019 - 7:22 am
- 19 September 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:46 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 8:26 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:16 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 7:25 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:00 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:12 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:24 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 4:40 pm