Nurse at Moi Referral Hospital Charged With Attempted Arson
Elizabeth Kavosa Nasongo, a nurse at Moi Referral Hospital, Uasin Gishu County has been arrested and charged with attempted arson.
According to reports, the nurse intentionally set fire to a kitchen which is strategically near the ICU wards.
She allegedly wanted to ensure that the fire spread to the adjoining ICU ward.
Kavosa was arraigned in court before Chief Magistrate Charles Obulutsa who released her on a cash bail.
Attempts to reach the hospital for more information were futile.
Meanwhile, Nairobi nurses have threatened to down their tools on December 10, 2018.
They said they would not relent though Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko had threatened that he would sack them if they went on with their plan.
They accused the City Hall boss of infringing on the nurses' rights and making them work in extreme conditions.
The nurses complained about being exposed to mental, physical and psychological torture.
The 2017 return to work formula was also a point of concern with nurses complaining that it had not been implemented.
- 15 February 2019 - 8:32 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 7:54 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 8:21 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 7:55 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 7:24 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 6:50 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 7:10 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 7:00 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 6:34 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 6:03 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 5:49 pm
- 15 February 2019 - 5:34 pm