Vehicles With Foreign Number Plates to be Seized - NTSA
The National Transport and Safety Authority on Friday announced that a crackdown would commence on cars with foreign number plates.
In a statement seen by Kenyans.co.ke, the authority noted 'with concern' the existence and use of unregistered vehicles.
"The vehicle bear plates inscribed as X-GK, X-KA, X-Diplomat etc. The Authority has also noted an influx of vehicles bering foreign number plates," read the statment in part.
NTSA noted that vehicles bearing numbers like X-GK are not registered and are therefore operating illegally.
Operating a vehicle which is not dully register is an offence as it violates the provisions of section 6 (1A) of Traffic Act Cap.403, Laws of Kenya.
"Owners of these vehicles should ensure that they are dully registered before they are used on the road.
"We further wish to advise owners of foreign registered vehicles currently operating in the country to ensure that they have all the necessary documentations allowing the vehicles into the country,"
Police will be enforcing the law on all vehicles found to be operating without due registration or vehicles bearing foreign registration found to be in country without necessary documents.
Here is the statement by NTSA:
- 17 September 2019 - 6:07 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 6:29 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:34 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:03 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:23 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:57 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 2:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:40 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:15 pm