2 Killed as Car Rams into Miraa Market in Embu
Two people were killed after a saloon car rammed into Muraru miraa (Khat) market located along Embu-Kitiri road.
The two were five-year-old Collins Kivuti and Norman Njeru who was aged 60.
In the incident which occurred on Friday, Five others, who were reportedly injured, were taken to Embu Level Five Hospital.
The deceased were both pronounced dead on arrival to hospital, Kivuti was taken to Tenri Children’s hospital and Njeru to Embu Level Five hospital.
According to witnesses, the driver was speeding and rammed into the crowd as he was trying to avoid hitting a Boda Boda operator.
That is when the car veered off the road and into the market.
Mbeere South OCPD Ahmed Mohamed stated that the car had lost brakes, ran over people and landed into a ditch.
Some of the victims from the van had been traveling to attend a church convention.
Muraru is considered as one of the country’s largest market for miraa traders.
On Wednesday, a saloon car veered off Mbagathi way in Nairobi knocking dead a man who was jogging by the roadside and killing two of its three occupants.
- 18 January 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 5:55 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 6:01 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:30 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 2:45 pm