Njoro MP Charity Kathambi Chepkwony burst into tears on Thursday after a meeting with her predecessor Joseph Kiuna and other security officials turned violent.
The meeting which was dominated by chaos as Kathambi and Kiuna traded accusations, had been convened following a robbery that had happened the same day at 2am, leaving one resident dead and his body mutilated.
Nakuru County Commissioner Joshua Nkanatha and Police Commander Hassan Barua had to intervene to prevent a near fistfight between the two.
Kiuna alleged that the robbery had been planned three weeks prior to the incident.
He also claimed that the attack was not about cattle theft but about other issues that he did not disclose.
The comments irked the MP who accused him of inciting the communities against one another.
“Kiuna should explain why he knew about a planned crime but did not share any information with police. I am surprised that someone was hiding information that has caused the death of a young man,” stated Kathambi.
The weeping lawmaker demanded to be taken to the scene of the attack but was whisked away in the Deputy County Commissioner’s vehicle.
The two leaders have been summoned to record their statements on what they know about the attack.
Zakaria Kanyi, a local, stated that incidents of insecurity had become rampant in the area, yet no action was taken by the government.dead death fight
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am
- Murky Waters28 November 2021 - 9:40 am
- Gloves off28 November 2021 - 9:10 am
- revealed28 November 2021 - 7:53 am
- Up in Flames28 November 2021 - 7:25 am