WBC Super Bantamweight Champion Fatuma Zarika helped Conjestina Achieng' rediscover her love for the game when she visited the veteran boxer on Sunday.
After being gifted a pair of gloves by the current world champion, the retired boxer expressed her desire to return to the ring and inspire upcoming boxers.
The video seen by Kenyans.co.ke shows Conjestina training on a punching bag before proceeding to challenge Zarika.
It was also suggested that the veteran athlete makes a return to Zarika's training team after she recovers.
The two boxers decried that the government appeared to have deserted the sport, despite Kenya producing world champions.
The visit was an indicator that Conjestina was responding well to treatment since her admission at Aden Rehabilitation Centre.
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko stated that he was happy to see the retired boxer recuperating well alongside counterpart Suleiman Bilali.
"I’ll continue to support them until they fully recover even as my administration puts in place plans to support local athletes to prosper in their areas of sports," Sonko wrote on his Facebook page.
The county boss had come to the aid of the former boxing champion who was ailing back in her rural home rehabilitation.
Sonko offered to airlift her to Nairobi for treatment after she appeared on a video that trended online.
Watch the video below.fight
- LANDMARK28 November 2021 - 2:41 pm
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am
- Murky Waters28 November 2021 - 9:40 am
- Gloves off28 November 2021 - 9:10 am
- revealed28 November 2021 - 7:53 am