Joyce Mukami Wambora is among a crop of female sports journalists who have come out to challenge the male-dominated industry.
Mukami, who also happens to be Embu Governor Martin Wambora's daughter, has had a life-long love for football which drove her from a budding career as a lawyer to join the Citizen TV news team.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the journalist explained that she went to the University of Liverpool for her Law degree before returning to Kenya to work at the legal department of a local bank.
It was during her part-time work as a sports presenter at Capital FM that she decided her future was better placed in media than in the legal profession.
Mukami, who also played for the Liverpool University team as a striker, left radio and joined Bamba Sports, a free-to-air sports channel, where she stayed for a year, thereafter joining Citizen TV.
Speaking about her father, Mukami expressed her pride about his resilience in politics, having survived multiple impeachment attempts.
Despite some of her friends advising against using her father's name, she enjoys being associated with him and her colleagues don't treat her differently for it.
When asked about how she felt about Governor Wambora being frequently featured in the news, she responded, "I'm proud of my dad and what he has accomplished."
She described her father as very intelligent, wise and strong because even as he was battling to retain his seat, he would be the one comforting the family.
The Tusker FC and Arsenal FC fan was grateful that her father supports her passion for sports despite taking her to Law school.
Throughout her career, Mukami has been fortunate to interact with sports superstars like former Manchester United and Arsenal captains Rio Ferdinand and Thierry Henry respectively.
When asked whether she had any political ambitions, she suggested that a position as Sports Cabinet Secretary (CS) was not very far from her wishlist.
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm