Police officers are reviewing CCTV footage from High Court Advocate Robert Chesang's house to help in the investigation of his murder.
The footage shows two assailants arriving and escaping after killing Robert at his Lukenya home in Machakos County on Sunday.
The two suspects forced the guard on duty to show them to Chesang's house.
The gunmen knocked on his door and the lawyer peeped through the curtain.
When they spotted him, one of the shooters opened fire, killing him on the spot.
“He seemed to have been living in fear. Instead of opening the door, he first peeped through the window, where he was shot,” a police officer told The Standard.
An examination of the body shows that he was shot three times in the chest. The police also found seven spent AK-47 bullet cartridges at the scene.
The Law Society of Kenya (LSK) has condemned the murder and asked the Police IG Joseph Boinnet to expedite the probe.
“We condemn this atrocious act in the strongest terms possible. This incident reminds us of colleagues who have lost their lives at the hands of unknown assailants and are yet to get justice,” stated LSK President Allen Gichuhi in a statement.
He added, “We call upon the Inspector General of Police and the country’s security apparatus to move with speed and commence investigations into this heinous act and ensure that justice prevails.”
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm
- M.I.A28 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Nerve-wracking28 September 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Behind Bars28 September 2020 - 2:51 pm
- living large28 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Reprieve28 September 2020 - 1:48 pm
- New Captain28 September 2020 - 1:50 pm
- make room28 September 2020 - 12:45 pm