New photos of the renovated Nyayo National Stadium emerged on Saturday and sent Kenyans into a frenzy.
According to the new photos, the upgraded stadium appears to have a section made of an all glass wall that looks totally sleek.
The stadium also showcases a breathtakingly green field with well trimmed grass and well painted terraces.
Confirming the progress exclusively to Kenyans.co.ke, Sports PS Kirimi Kaberia revealed that the stadium was nearing completion and that the venue would be used for Beyond Zero campaign run slated for Sunday.
"The construction is now entering the fifth phase where they are installing the sits. I cannot, however, reveal the specific date the stadium will be launched," stated the PS
20,000 participants had so far signed up to be part of the marathon.
This comes close to two years since the stadium, estimated to have a capacity of 30,000 seats, was closed down for renovations with an aim of hosting an international sporting event.
Renovations on the stadium commenced in 2017 with plans to upgrade it to a world class in preparations for hosting the 2018 African Nations Championship (Chan).
The games, however, did not happen as slow progress on the stadium and others were not complete by the time the championship was to kick off.
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) were dismayed by the slow progress and transferred the hosting rights to Morocco.
- in dire need26 November 2020 - 12:47 pm
- Upgrade26 November 2020 - 12:37 pm
- Speak out26 November 2020 - 12:23 pm
- fulfilled wish26 November 2020 - 11:19 am
- Armed client26 November 2020 - 11:17 am
- Tough Times26 November 2020 - 10:45 am
- Drama26 November 2020 - 12:12 pm
- Strict Measures26 November 2020 - 9:53 am
- Keep off26 November 2020 - 10:12 am
- snubbed?26 November 2020 - 9:29 am
- breaks silence26 November 2020 - 8:48 am
- savings26 November 2020 - 9:09 am