Speculation gripped many Kenyans on Tuesday after President Uhuru Kenyatta made a random visit to DP William Ruto’s office at Harambee Annex in Nairobi.
The president’s motorcade was seen at the venue and many were left wondering if the president was on a mission to repress the heat on his deputy over corruption. Other reports indicate that the President casually walked to the venue after an event at KICC.
Details have however revealed that the visit by Kenyatta was a working lunch meeting for discussion of matters that touched on the government’s development agenda.
The president was recently quoted saying that he was out to fight any individual in the country who was corrupt; even if “you may be my closest political ally”.
Nonetheless, the nature of the discussion between the president and his deputy remained unclear since nothing was divulged to the media about the meet on official communication channels.
Such also comes at a time when a section of Jubilee legislators has demanded an audience with the president to establish discussions on the divisions in the party.
The head of state is also expected to leave for Mombasa later in the day, which further complicates the matter of whether he will be meeting with the Jubilee MPs.
The parliamentarians had demanded to speak with the president before the State of The Nation Address on April 4.
Still, it is a very rare occurrence for the head of state and government to make visits to the DP’s office or even his residence in Karen.
Another aspect that is worth mentioning is that the opposition has made calls for the impeachment of DP Ruto with Siaya Senator James Orengo sacrificing to spearhead the move.
See the photos of the two leaders belowcorruption fight
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm