Kaptembwa Police Station in Nakuru West is in a sorry and terrible condition that causes alarm among locals, police officers and other stakeholders in the society.
The former police post was uplifted in 2018 by the Ministry of Interior under the leadership of Fred Matiang’i to become a well-equipped Divisional Police Headquarters.
As a result, it was allocated Ksh6 million of Constituency Development Fund (CDF) money for purposes of refurbishment.
Nakuru West MP Samuel Arama confirmed that the money was allocated to the station for its overhaul.
To date, however, the station has no permanent buildings. It also lacks the crucial offices of the OCS, Sub-County Police Commander (SCPC), and DCI as well as much needed amenities like suitable toilets and washrooms.
Soon after its official uplifting, Dr Matiang’i communicated that more officers would be sent to the station as the infrastructure will be improved. This is yet to happen.
The residents of Kaptembwa area continue to complain of rising levels of insecurity with the passing of time.
In a report by The Standard, an officer who sought anonymity informed, “The elevation has only been done on paper. There are no offices to accommodate both the OCPD and officers from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations."
The officer even went ahead to indicate that the SCPC who was recently posted to the station had been forced to operate from the Rhonda Police Post which has better facilities.
It was also revealed that the SCPC was on duty elsewhere when he was sought for a comment on the matter.
Locals who come to the station to make reports or issue statements are also served under a tree.
- chaos17 September 2021 - 7:49 am
- DCI Raid17 September 2021 - 7:21 am
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm