Traffic along the Narok-Nairobi-Bomet highway was disrupted on Saturday as groups of matatu operators engaged in street battles.
Nation reports that chaos broke out when members of 2 rival matatu saccos each laid claim to a passenger stage in Narok town.
Members of the public soon joined in and the situation quickly degenerated into running battles.
Business was disrupted as the groups pelted each other with stones and burnt tires along the busy highway.
Petrol stations and shops remained closed for the better part of Saturday morning.
Police officers were forced to lob teargas to disperse the protesters and restore calm in the town.
This incident brought back memories of a similar clash in Narok town in September 2018.
Traders at Uhuru market had taken to the streets to protest it's demolition.
Muthurwa market was set ablaze during the demonstration which left one person dead and seven others injured.
Here are more photos from today's protests:
- new frontier5 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- Genius5 August 2020 - 3:42 pm
- family matters5 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- Surge5 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- adapting5 August 2020 - 2:41 pm
- fiery5 August 2020 - 2:54 pm
- time to upgrade5 August 2020 - 1:57 pm
- for life5 August 2020 - 1:37 pm
- Fruitless5 August 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Magnificent5 August 2020 - 12:41 pm
- striking gold5 August 2020 - 12:26 pm
- laudable5 August 2020 - 12:34 pm