The late Jonathan Moi’s wife, Sylvia Moi has recounted how she first met her husband.
Speaking on live TV, Sylvia narrated that she got to know Jonathan in 1981 after he bought land in Eldama Ravine next to her father’s land.
She stated that she was still in school then and that everyone in the community was excited about the president’s son living next to them.
It was until much later after she finished her A levels that they first met.
She disclosed that it was not all smooth sailing at first since she feared him and was hesitant about associating herself with Moi’s high social status.
According to Sylvia, she was particularly attracted to him since he did not act like the president's son and was generous with everyone around him.
She eventually gave in to Jonathan’s advances and got married.
They were married for 35 years until his passing at 64, on April 20 when he succumbed to cancer while undergoing treatment at a Nakuru hospital.
She added that life with Jonathan was very easy since he was open and anyone would easily tell if he was annoyed or happy.He has left behind his widow, Sylvia, and four children.
Jonathan who was popularly known as JT was a celebrated rally driver. He was also a farmer and businessman.
He attended Prince of Wales (Nairobi School) and studied agriculture in Delaware in the United States.
He will be buried on Saturday at his Kabimoi home in Baringo County.
- Clarifies19 August 2022 - 11:13 am
- percentages19 August 2022 - 10:55 am
- Worn-out19 August 2022 - 10:06 am
- Horrific19 August 2022 - 9:19 am
- against all odds19 August 2022 - 8:45 am
- Requirements19 August 2022 - 8:03 am
- battle for numbers19 August 2022 - 7:43 am
- Concerns19 August 2022 - 7:06 am
- Last moments18 August 2022 - 8:28 pm
- Remember!18 August 2022 - 8:20 pm
- Peace18 August 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Justice18 August 2022 - 6:27 pm