Furious Residents Burn Chinese Firm Trucks
Angry residents of Gataka area of Ongata Rongai on Tuesday morning burnt two trucks belonging to a Chinese construction company.
The driver of one of the trucks had been accused of running over a 4-year-old boy who was headed to school.
The Naimurunya Primary School pupil was in the company of his 12-year-old elder brother when tragedy struck.
The body of the deceased was immediately transferred to the city mortuary, while his brother escaped the incident unhurt.
This sparked outrage from the residents who descended on the trucks and setting them ablaze.
Nairobi News reported that the burnt shells of the trucks were towed to the police station after the police arrested the drivers and are in pursuit of the firm's management.
“We are urging parents to ensure their children are accompanied by an adult to school. Motorists should also exercise caution and drive carefully,” Kajiado county commissioner Tom Ajere stated while confirming the incident.
Police revealed that they intend to charge the drivers in a court of law on Wednesday.
In a related incident, residents of the same area in 2017 set ablaze a matatu that had allegedly knocked down and killed a cyclist.
Below a video of the trucks burning courtesy of Kenyans.co.ke
- 18 October 2019 - 1:24 am
- 17 October 2019 - 9:25 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 9:27 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:11 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:45 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:02 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:42 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:13 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:28 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 5:55 pm