President Uhuru Kenyatta, on Wednesday, flew out to Rwanda where he is set to address the 2019 Transform Africa Summit in Kigali.
During the one-day official visit, the Head of State will be among the 4,000 attendees including policymakers, innovators, investors, tech giants as they discuss how ICT can be leveraged to boost the continent’s economy.
Upon learning that Uhuru was heading to give an address at the conference, a section of Kenyans online set out to pose some hard-hitting questions to the president.
"Transform Kenya first. Who cares where else he's going to transform?" one user quipped.
Another advised the president not to borrow loans while in the neighbouring country, "Transform Kenya 1st, then Africa, otherwise don't borrow loan while there Mr president."
Others wondered whether he would actually adopt some of the systems in Rwanda and tailor them to better institutions in the country.
"I think he has gone to borrow a leaf from Rwanda. Question is, will he return with the Leaf?" one posed.
Under the theme “Boosting Africa’s Digital Economy” the 5th edition of Transform Africa Summit will be the largest ICT forum in Africa.
This year’s summit featured the second Transform Africa Economic Forum, a Government to Business engagement, where attending Ministers and Cabinet Secretaries engaged with a targeted audience of business leaders and high net worth investors on investment opportunities and areas of collaboration.
During the conference, the ICT Minister Joe Mucheru participated in a roundtable debate where he shared the expectations, priorities, and challenges when moving digital transformation from vision to action at country, regional and continental level.
Here are reactions from a section of Kenyans online over Uhuru's attendance in the summit:
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm