Former government Spokesperson Eric Kiraithe was, on Wednesday, appointed as the ICT Ministry Cabinet Administrative Secretary (CAS) by ICT Principal Secretary Jerome Ochieng.
His redeployment was announced as his successor in the communications docket Col (Rtd) Cyrus Odhiambo Oguna held his first press briefing.
Handing over to Oguna at Teleposta Towers, Kiraithe described Former Linda Nchi Spokesperson as one of the most competent Kenyans to take up the role of the voice of the government.
"I can't think of anyone better I could have handed this job to. I would ask you to give him all the cooperation," he stated.
As part of the government's strategy to revamp its communication, Oguna's office shall be domiciled at the Ministry of ICT.
He shall have oversight of all channels of communication at the ministry.
Oguna will head the Directorate of Information and oversee all county and sub-county information officers, the Department of Public Communication and all officers seconded to various ministries and the Government Media Center.
He will also oversight content at the two government news gathering and dissemination channels (Kenya News Agency and My Gov).
Here is the video of the handover:
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am