A lady, who is said to have been raped and impregnated by Moticho MCA, Evans Omwansu Mokoro in June 2016, has filed an affidavit asking the court to drop the charges against him.
The 21-year-old countered an affidavit filed in May 2019 at Ogendo law courts citing that she did not ask her mother and the DCIO of Nyamarambe to find out who her baby was.
“I have learnt that Hon. Evans Omwansu has been charged for allegedly defiling me. I wish to have those charges withdrawn and terminated because I am not the complainant," an affidavit seen by Citizen Digital stated.
In the affidavit filed in court, the lady added that South Mugirango MP, Silvanus Osoro had helped in financing the case.
“As a mother of the child, I know who his father is and I have not asked the DCIO Nyamarambe, my mother and South Mugirango MP Hon. Silvanus Osoro, who is funding my mother in this case, to find out for me who the father of my child is," her affidavit reads.
The lady also noted that she would not grant the authorities permission to extract any DNA samples from her child.
"I will deem it a breach of my privacy and that of my child and our dignity and I will challenge it in court,” she noted.
A senior state council, Peter Wainaina, had requested DNA tests for the child and the mother.
Senior Principal Magistrate Denis Mikoyan had released the MCA on a Ksh200,000 bond with a surety or Ksh50,000 cash bail.
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am