JKUAT Student Planning Terror Attack Detained
Salim Rashid, a first-year student at JKUAT has been detained by the State after police established he was planning a terror attack at the time of his arrest.
Police revealed this when the student was arraigned at Shanzu law court before Resident Magistrate David Odhiambo.
Rashid was arrested at Moi International Airport, Mombasa, by anti-terror police unit officers.
He had escaped the police unit a number of times previously with a few other colleagues.
Rashid most recently escaped a police raid on an Alshabaab recruitment and training camp in Kwale county.
State Counsel prosecuting the case, Ayekha Shakwila, said that the state had recovered his ID and academic documents affirming that it was indeed him.
These documents were recovered from a raid at a suspected terrorist's residence in Ngombeni
Rashid, who is just 23 years old, is alleged to be a member of international terror group ISIS
He did not take a plea of guilt before the court after the state sought to detain him further to allow further investigations.
Magistrate David Odhiambo granted the State its request to detain him until May 22
- 15 September 2019 - 8:23 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:21 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:09 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:16 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:27 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 2:53 pm