Matungu MP Justus Murunga Surrenders to Police
Matungu MP Justus Murunga has surrendered himself to the police hours after he was asked to present himself for questioning.
Murunga was being sought over the recent spate of murders in Matungu, Kakamega County where more than 10 people have died in one month.
He had been given six hours to surrender or be treated as the key suspect in the killings.
Nation reports that the lawmaker presented himself to the authorities on Saturday morning.
It is alleged that the Matungu MP and Former Sports CS Rashid Echesa tried to escape using DP William Ruto's convoy on Friday.
While the Murunga managed to get away, Echesa was caught.
Kakamega Senator Cleophas Malala was also apprehended on Friday in connection with the killings.
The first-time senator was ambushed at Sovereign Hotel where he was having a meeting. He was taken to Nyanza Regional Police Headquarters for questioning.
Mayoni MCA Libinus Oduor was also arrested on Friday. The leaders are expected to appear in court on Monday.
The arrests come barely three days after Interior CS Fred Matiang'i ordered the police to investigate all people who were linked to the murders.
- 17 September 2019 - 6:07 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 6:29 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:34 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:03 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:23 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:57 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 2:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:40 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:15 pm