Nakuru Town East MP David Gikaria Languishes in Police Cell After Slapping Police Boss
Netizens have sympathized with Nakuru Town East MP David Gikaria after photos that showed him in a sorry state surfaced online.
The lawmaker was arrested on Saturday after leading residents in erecting structures on a disputed parcel of land.
Nation reported that he also slapped a deputy sub-county police commander during the incident.
The MP was bundled into a police van and taken to Nakuru Central Police Station after the fracas.
It seems Gikaria sustained injuries during the commotion. Photos doing rounds online show him sleeping on the floor in his police cell.
Not only are his clothes disheveled, one of his shoes is also missing.
It's not the first time that the legislator has been apprehended over land-related matters.
He was arrested on January 28 by officers from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) over land fraud
Gikaria was charged with one count of conspiracy to defraud and seven counts of forcefully detaining land belonging to three people.
Nakuru DCI Boss Gideon Kibunjia told journalists that the land in question was 0.5 acres.
Here is the video:
- 11 November 2019 - 9:48 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:54 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:57 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:01 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 8:13 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 6:43 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:15 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:16 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:01 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 4:52 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 4:37 pm