Nakuru Town East Member of Parliament (MP), David Gikaria, was released on Sunday at 1am on a free bond.
The MP who had been arrested on Saturday after leading residents in putting up structures on a disputed parcel of land is to be arraigned in court tomorrow.
Nakuru Sub-County Police Commander (SCPC), Elena Kabukuru, revealed that Gikaria had been granted a free bond as he couldn’t raise the stipulated bond money at the wee hours of the morning.
Reports by the Nation revealed that this was not the first time that the legislator had been in trouble with the authorities over land-related matters.
The vocal MP is set to be indicted in court alongside 10 other suspects who had accompanied him to oversee the construction of stalls in the contentious parcel of land along the Nakuru-Nairobi highway.
He is also said to have other pending charges in court such as the case of land fraud near Pipeline where he constructed his luxurious home.
His other case was filed in 2016, where he was charged with malicious damage of private property and stealing of more than 30 wheelbarrows and other items whose value is said to exceed Ksh7 million.
A video of the MP getting bundled into a police van and taken to Nakuru Central Police Station after his outburst went viral over the weekend.
Netizens then turned sympathetic after photos of Gikaria lying on the cold police cell floor did the rounds on various social media platforms.steal arrest suspect
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm