Parliament Police Officer Found Murdered in Umoja
Investigations have been launched after a female police officer was found dead at her home in Nairobi's Umoja estate on Friday.
According to The Standard, the officer named Hellen Kwamboka was attached at the Parliament Police Station.
Her colleagues revealed that they last saw her on Thursday at 7pm and were worried when she failed to turn up for work the following day.
They tried to reach her on phone but there was no response. They immediately started looking for her.
Officers who broke into her house found her lifeless body on the bed. According to the publication, the deceased had a deep cut on her head.
A police report filed at Buruburu Police Station indicated that Kwamboka also bore strangulation marks on her neck. However, no weapon was recovered at the scene.
It is suspected that she might have been killed by her boyfriend who visited her on Thursday.
However, it was not immediately clear how he carried out the attack since the officer's house was locked from inside.
Kwamboka’s body was taken to Chiromo Mortuary as investigations into the incident continue.
- 15 September 2019 - 8:23 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:21 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:09 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:16 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:27 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 2:53 pm